Three white people murdered first week of June 2011: a female car-guard, an African curios dealer-farmer; and a frail old man…
Chantelle Vorster car-guard, shot dead outside shop, Church street
Vorster Chantelle shot dead Car Guard June4 2011 Pretoria
2011-06-05 – Pretoria. Mrs Chantelle Vorster, 26, who worked as a car-guard at the Kit Kat CashCarry in Church Street, Pretoria West, was shot dead trying to save the lives of a businessman and a security guard. The two men were attacked by two armed black men when Mrs Vorster stormed in, trying to help them. The guard was shot in the knee while a man was robbed at gunpoint of R92,000 in cash. (source: Gerhard Pretorius, Beeld).
Mrs Vorster leaves her husband Marko and a six-year-old son. An eye witness described to Mr Pretorius that ‘Chantelle rushed up and the next minute I just heard gunshot and she fell. I could not believe it,’ said the man, his hands still trembling.Mrs Vorster’s employer Ahmed Gani, the MD of the business, has extended his sympathy and condolances to the Vorster family. He also offered a R50,000 reward to anyone who could provide information leading to the arrests of the gunmen.”It is a terrible thing which happened here. It’s unnecessary for someone to die. When the shots were fired, everybody fell flat and hid.’Her immediate supervisor Mrs Henta du Plessis said Chantelle ‘was one of the friendliest people I knew. Always working hard, always a smile on her face. It’s horrific that she died that way.’ SAPS capt Bonginkosi Msimango said the gangsters also robbed another person inside the shop of R30,000. The security guard was in stable condition at hospital. The police captain said the murderers got clean away. ‘We are following up all leads’ he said. http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Karwag-sterf-toe-sy-rowers-wil-keer-20110605
Ex-security man Robert Cobb, 92, tied up and murdered, Alberton
Cobb Robert 92 murdered Alberton June42011 Beeld
2011-06-05 – 92 jarige mnr. Robert Cobb, who used to work in the security services, was found murdered, presumably strangled to death, in his Edward Avenue, Randhart, Alberton home on June 4. He had been trussed up hands-and-feet. He was last seen alive on Thursday. (story by Wolfram Zwecker, Beeld).
A long-time girlfriend, Ms Wendy Dagnin, who saw him regularly and also bought his groceries for, said his sons, Paul and John, contacted her from the UK where they have lived for the past ten years, saying they were unable to reach their father by cellphone. “Their father usually phoned them every Friday or Saturday,’ she said. “I last saw him Wednesday when I visited him. I stopped by as frequently as I could to see if he needed something and would buy it for him,’ se said. She went to the house after receiving the SMS messages from the sons and found the murdered man’s body at 9:30am. SAPS lt-col Lungelo Dlamini said Mr Cobb was also seen on Thursday by neighbours. It is suspected that he was attacked on June 4. The outside stoop lights were still burning, wrote Zwecker. “It is suspected that Mr Cobb’s own handcuffs were used to restrain him. He used to work in security. shoe-laces were used to tie up his feet.A blanket was tied over his head. There were two laptop computers missing and apparently also his watch.Mr Cobb lived alone: his housekeeper disappeared about a month earlier. The Animal Welfare Society picked up Mr Cobb’s fox-terrier yesterday. http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/92-jarige-se-lyk-gekry-na-huisinbraak-20110605
Canadian-born farmer Frank Gaudin 73, tortured to death on his African Artifacts farm near the historic Blaauwbank goldmine – wife Sandra was also murdered in their homestead on Dec 23 2008.
The international wholesaler in African curios ran the Wild Animals and Bird Haven Farm on Main Road, Blaauwbank in Randfontein. Nothing seemed stolen: even his cars were at the farm. Five months earlier, one of two Mozambiquan brothers accused of Sandra Gaudin’s murder was sentenced to life; the brother remains at large… Mr Gaudin was an international wholesale dealer in African curios whose business was located in the same region as the historic Blaauwbank Gold Mine. His wife Sandra was also murdered there on December 23 2008. Gaudin, 73, was found tortured to death, hidden inside a crack of a rocky overcrop on his farm. SAPS capt Appel Ernst of Randfontein confirmed that Mr Gaudin’s mutilated body was found at 5pm. Ín January this year, Judge Gerhard Hatting sentenced one of the two Mozambiquan brothers who killed Mrs Gaudin, Teleo Valente Matimbe (25) to a lifetime in prison at the Johannesburg High court. The brother remains missing. Revenge for the sentencing is not ruled out as a motive, according to well-informed sources .Mr Gaudin’s neighbours reported the farmer-businessman missing on Friday-morning at the Randfontein police station and a massive man-hunt was launched for him. All his vehicles are still on the farm. Even the dams were pumped empty to determine whether he may have drowned, she said. Beeld was unable to confirm reports that Mr Gaudin had been trussed up tightly, and that rags were tied over his head. The police would not provide the death cause until a forensic examination had confirmed it, said Capt Ernst. His only son in South Africa, Paul Gaudin, 34 of Vanderbijlpark said the family is horribly shocked and traumatised. ‘Nobody deserves to die like that,’ said the son. He said his father started the business, African Artifacts Farms, in 1973. He built it from scratch and built up a successful enterprise. I will always remember by dad as a hard and direct man, a good businessman.’ Two sons from his second marriage Frank, 37 and Michael, 32, are expected in SA from Australia. Mr Gaudin is also survived by a son from his first marriage, Mark.
The police investigating officer is lt.col Gert Kruger, tel 0112788100 or 0824132635
Anthony Ryan, 12, saved family from armed robbers, Farmall smallholdings, Fourways
RYAN Anthony 12 saved family from 4member gang June12011 Farmall Fourways
June 1 2011 – Fourways, South Africa. Twelve-year-old Anthony Ryan has all the makings of a hero. The young man’s hobby, studying military situations, helped him reacting quickly: fleeing from his home from four armed black robbers: hiding in the bushes and calmly alerting the security provider for his family’s Farmall, Fourways property. It’s not known why the incident was only reported two weeks later. (source Heather Ruddock, LookLocal.com)”This is a very special case,” said Michael Boshoff, division manager for the security company, “Anthony is obviously a very brave little man, who kept his cool in a frightening situation. It isn’t often that children take this kind of initiative. Unfortunately the perpetrators escaped but the family is safe.
“Said Ryan: “We are very proud of our son. He studies military situations (among other hobbies of motocross and squash) and applied them to the crisis.” The boy hid in the bushes, out of sight of four armed black men, while he phoned his family’s security provider on his cellphone, He was able to follow the correct security procedure that had been issued by the company via SMS to all households in the area. Anthony’s father, Rob Ryan, said the armed men had tried to enter the house but were disturbed by the family’s dogs. “My wife and I were outside and my son was in the house, when he heard the dogs bark.” Anthony told the www.looklocal.co.za: “When I heard the dogs bark, I jumped out of the window and hid in the shadows. I saw the criminals and called for help on my cellphone. One of the criminals started coming towards me and I slipped into the bushes and was silent as he ran past.” Anthony waited behind a wall for a few moments, and when he peeped over it he saw his father and mother were safe. “I realised the criminals had run away,” he said. “My parents had also phoned for help. I jumped over the wall to them and it was like a family reunion.” Rob said that security officials arrived within minutes in several cars, and with a sniffer dog and medical back-up.
Sasolburg cop-gang wages reign of terror against white smallholders warns judge C J Musi
Sasolburg. A judge who jailed the killer who confessed to murdering Sasolburg Club 40 manager Ignatius Michael Grobler is a worried man.
Regional court Judge C J Musi noted with ‘deep concern’ that most of the SA cops who run a mysterious killer-robbery gang which targets white smallholders, are still at work – and most are still on active duty.
Boer Genocide Monument Ysterkoppie N1 Pietersburg 2000 more crosses for murdered farmers June 4 2011
The cops get off scott-freeJudge Musi said only one killer – the one ‘civilian’ member of this killer-robbery gang, 23-year-old Moses Sechaba, appeared in Musi’s courtroom this week, was sentenced to 25 years in prison for his participation in the murder of Ignatius Michael Grobler, and for 15 counts of attempted murder and armed attacks against a large number of white smallholders in Sasolburg, Vaalpark and Denysville between Nov 2009 and Oct 2010. And from all accounts, this group is becoming large and bolder: recently attacking 15 more smallholders in this region, driving up openly in marked ‘police-response patrol vans.’ .Musi said he ‘understood why Sechaba was too terrified to reveal the names of the gangster-cops who drove him around in police cars…’
Worried Judge C J Musi: “Of those police-officers who formed part of this armed robbery-gang have never been arrested nor charged…’
- 23-year-old Moses Sechaba had a lot of help in his life of crime: he had local cops drive him to his targets in police cars. Judge C J Musi worried that the cops were not yet arrested nor charged, while sentencing Sechaba for the murder of Ignatius Michael Grobler at Club 40 outside Denysville. “Of those police-officers who were part of this attack-gang, have never been arrested nor charged’, said Musi when sentencing Sechaba. Sechaba also broke in at a large number of white-owned smallholdings in Sasolburg, Vaalpark and Denysville between Nov 2009 and Oct 2010.*(source: Johan Brits, Volksblad)”
” Sechaba worked in a gang, and a group of police-officers formed part of that gang, yet he’s the only one before this court. Sechaba was transported in police vehicles, stolen articles were loaded in police vehicles and official police vehicles were used as getaway-cars,’ said the judge. “Some of those police officers are still in custody, while others actually are still working as police-officers.’
“And one of his comrades-in-crime who visited Sechaba in prison, knew exactly what the gangster had said in his confession to the police”, the judge pointed out: “This means that this police officer must have had access to the investigation-dossier. That bothers me, that bothers me a lot,’ said Musi.
“While Sechaba was in detention, some of those police officers also visited him in the police cells to try and intimidate him. “I understand why you fear for your life. I understand why you will not name the names of specific police officers as fellow-criminals in an open law court,’ the judge said. Sechaba was found guilty of fifteen counts, including the murder of Mr Grobler; armed robbery, possession of illegal firearms and ammunition and attempted murder. He was sentenced to 29 years in prison – of which he was ordered to serve 25 years minimum. http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Polisielede-help-skurk-inbreek-20110603
14th violent attack by armed militia-gangs in Sasolburg police-vehicle:
In the month’s 14th such violent attack by armed militia-gangs operating in police-vehicles, Dr Anton vd Walt and his family were robbed by ‘uniformed militia-gang in armed reaction-unit vehicle':
On March 29 2011, Afrikaner resident Dr Anton van der Walt and his family were ‘robbed’ of just a few minor items of value at gunpoint at 9pm by an ‘armed-militia gang’ which managed to scale a live electric security fence at their Vaalpark, Sasolburg home. (source: Riata Nel, Beeld).
And this was the 14th violent attack by armed militia gangs targetting the Afrikaners of Sasolburg/Vanderbijlpark since June last year, according to Beeld. A week earlier, another family also was attacked in Lebombo Avenue, just a block away from the doctor’s house, and in a very similar way.
- The heavily-armed militia-gang looked very ‘official': they had arrived in an official armoured vehicle belonging to a SAPS armed-reaction unit. The medical doctor said he was watching TV with daughter Jana, 15, when the group of official-looking, armed black men walked through the sliding door, pointing their guns at the unarmed Afrikaner family. “Jana was ordered to sit down. The men demanded laptop computers, money and cellphones and wanted to know where my safe was located.’ They then stormed into daughter Amanda’s room while the 20-year-old was talking with a girl-friend on her cellphone. “When the men stormed in I thought they were from the armed reaction unit. The man said ‘everything was OK’ but then took my cellphone from my hand,’ she said. Amanda was also ordered to the TV room to sit with her family, and when Mrs Sanneke van der Walt walked in, she managed to push the silent emergency button which has a direct link to the SAPS armed-reaction unit..The family remained calm, sitting together in the TV room, and praying aloud with each other as the gunmen walked out, but not before one turned back and said “We are going now’. They only took five cellphones, a flatscreen TV and a wedding band, leaving many other valuables untouched.Shortly thereafter the family heard gun-shots ring out outside. Apparently the local police which were were patrolling the area, had followed the militia-gang in the armed reaction-unit vehicle, and had run into them as they left the family’s home. A firefight between the two groups followed. Police believe one man was injured as one limped while running away. However – nobody was arrested and there was no mention in the news report whether the SAPS launched a pursuit-and search-team to try and trace the mysterious SAPS-vehicle. So once again they all got away…
Wikus van Zyl, kidnapped, held captive 3 hours: Sasolburg, Parys, Sebokeng, Vanderbijlpark cops all refuse to investigate …
2011-01-04 – “Be happy you are alive – we can’t help you,’ said Sebokeng cops in the Free State….
38-year-old Wikus van Zyl of Parys went through a three-hour nightmare kidnapping ordeal, when six armed black males kept him imprisoned in a small house in the dusty, crime-infested Sebokeng township near Sasolburg, about 30km away from Johannesburg. One black man kept threatening to kill him, ominously running his knife across Van Zyl’s body. The traumatised Van Zyl said he kept thinking of his wife, their two-year-old son and their unborn baby throughout his ordeal. And then to add horrific insult to injury, four police officers at four different police stations in the region then refused to help him lodge a formal complaint or to even investigate the house.They claimed “that could only be done at Sebokeng” – and Van Zyl was terrified of going back into the township. “I could show the police right now where that house is located in Sebokeng, I can identify four of the six men who held me captive,’ he said. I cannot understand why the police don’t want to help. It’s always as if they don’t feel like helping.’ Parys SAPS spokesman Maselela Langa claims it was all a ‘misunderstanding.’ “Let the man go and speak to the station commander,’ he added. Van Zyl got drawn into his ordeal after he had arranged to find a buyer for his bakkie, a Namibian man, and had arranged to meet the Namibian man at a dealership in Vanderbijlpark. The two men went to the bank after the buyer had viewed the car. The man claimed at the bank that he didn’t have the entire cash amount for the car and that another meeting would have to be arranged. This was done just before Christmas, again in Vanderbijlpark.
“The man already knew my car and as I arrived at the parking lot of the dealership two men climbed into the bakkie with me and told me to drive to Sebokeng. The prospective buyer was waiting for him there with five other men, who all claimed they were ‘police detectives’. They accused Van Zyl of smuggling diamonds and threatened to ‘arrest him’.
They took him to a small house and kept him inside, with the man with the knife threatening him while others kept on intimidating him demanding that he give them his bank card and pincode. “A sturdily-built man came to me then and told me I had to go with him. I thought to mysef well this is it, I am going to be murdered’.
The kidnappers then told Van Zyl to ‘drive away and never come back again’. The terrified Van Zyl’s ordeal with the cops started shortly thereafter when he stopped a police vehicle in Sebokeng. “Those cops told me I should be happy that I am still alive and that they can’t do a thing for me,’ he said. Then Van Zyl drove to the police stations at Sasolburg, Parys and Vanderbijlpark, where he also was turned away. http://www.volksblad.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Polisie-wys-man-glo-weg-na-nagmerrie-ervaring-20110104
Hendrik Grobler, 35, paralysed from brutal beating by 3 black cops at garage
cops terrorise white smallholders warns judge
Boilermaker Hendrik Grobler, 35: ‘ I twice told the cop I could not lie down on the floor because of recent back surgery. …..