Category Archives: Africa

Great Boer Trek

Download historic Anglo-Boer War books

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)

Why the “Afrikaner” is an artificial construct created to destroy the identity of the Boer Nation after 1902.

Source

“The Great Boer Trek and the origin of the South African Republics: by Henry Cloete LLD published in London by John Murray in 1899:

“In this book, the authors, her Majesty’s Commissioner for Natal, hon. Henry Cloete (LLD) and grandson W.B. Cloete – attempt to provide a record of the peoples of southern Africa and the historical animosity the Boers and English shared for one another.

Although blinded by his (English) patriotism and the English’ “rights to empire building and their automatic domain over any nation seen as uncivilised” or those who stood in the way of colonialism, he does make a particular effort to record the peoples (nations) of southern Africa.

The authors attempted to enlighten their British countrymen about the peoples the Empire is warring against: (Anglo-Boer War in 1899).

Of utmost importance is his meticulous categorisation of peoples – but the name ‘Afrikaner’ does not appear at all:

What’s quite evident from this account of history in 1899, is that no peoples called Afrikaners are recorded. Not ONE mention is made of them in the book and yet somehow today the Afrikaners claim to be Boer. The authors have never met or encountered the Afrikaners or acknowledged their role in the formation of the Natal Republic or any of the Boers, who they so fondly and persistently also call “the emigrants”.

These “Boers” are clearly identified as those white people who left the domain of the British colonies and “protectorates” in the search of other lands – away from the Cape colony.

Those staying behind are then by default quite content with British rule and identity and therefore cannot claim to be the Boer people.

These are naturally the “colonials, settlers and Cape Dutch” who stayed behind.

However, today it is these very “Afrikaners” who claim to have a right to the Boer identity and heritage – as well as their land.

The two authors listed the following peoples in South Africa in 1899:

• Bushman
• Hottentot
• Griqua
• Kafir (tribes)
• Amapondas
• Amabaka
• Barolong
• Matabelee
• Mantatee
• Zulu
• Frenchmen
• Germans
• Dutchmen
• Dutch farmers from the Cape Colony
• Saxon farmers
• Romans
• British settlers
• Scottish immigrants
• Boer farmers
• Boers

Facebook Source

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
ANC-mob lynches black female opposition party member

Three black males arrested for lynching of young male in Pongo, Mpumalanga

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 4.5/5 (2 votes cast)

Three men accused of killing a man in a mob justice attack seen on a video that went viral last week appeared in an Mpumalanga court on Friday, police said.

Joel Lubisi, 51, Duncan Mbokodo-Sambo, 33, and Calvin Sibiya-Suthu, 27, were released on a warning, said Lt-Gen Solomon Makgale.

Tonga Magistrate’s Court postponed the matter to May 19 for further investigation.

The men were arrested on Thursday night.

It was initially reported that the video of the attack was made on election day in Alexandra, north of Johannesburg, but police later found it was made in Tonga, Mpumlanga, in February.

The two-minute video shows a man in an orange T-shirt on the ground being kicked and pummelled with the back of an axe. Some of the people in the crowd wear African National Congress T-shirts.

Makgale said the attack took place on February 17.

A house robbery was reported that day at Block B in Tonga, where a husband and wife were shot dead by four attackers.

“The attackers then took the daughter of the couple to the couple’s business premises with the intention of collecting money. They allegedly raped her and then released her.”

He said the crime was reported to the police.

“While the police were busy conducting their investigations, the community organised themselves and conducted a manhunt,” Makgale said.

“The community apprehended one murder and rape suspect and beat him to death.”

Makgale said the man was in possession of an unconfirmed amount of R2 coins and a cellphone. The coins were thought to have been taken out of a snooker table.

“It is alleged that the second suspect was also caught later by the community and killed.”

Two men were arrested the same day in connection with the murder of the husband and wife, and the rape of their daughter.

Fana Samuel Mashabane, 30, and Mcolisi Mandla Shongwe, 24, also appeared in the Tonga Magistrate’s Court on Monday on murder and rape charges.

The matter was postponed for the case to be elevated to regional court level, Makgale said. The men remained in police custody.

ANC-mob lynches black female opposition party member - www.censorbubear.org – 10 May 2014

Video axe attack was mob justice, three arrested - SAPA – 16 May 2014

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
How your South African tax money is wasted by the ANC government

How your South African tax money is wasted by the ANC government

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 5.0/5 (2 votes cast)

The R247 million spent on Nkandla angered many South Africans, but this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to wasting taxpayers’ money.

Public Protector Thuli Madonsela released the Nkandla report recently, which showed that the estimated total cost of improvements to President Jacob Zuma’s Nkandla home is R247 million.

According to Madonsela’s report, service delivery programs were negatively affected because money earmarked for these programs was used to upgrade Nkandla.

The public protector found that Zuma “improperly benefited” from upgrades “in the name of security”. She suggested that Zuma should repay some of the money spent on Nkandla.

The Nkandla saga continues to make headlines, but this is not the first time taxpayers’ money was wasted.

In the communications space millions of taxpayer rands have been wasted on ineffective projects and through mismanagement.

Here are some of the prominent communications projects where the Department of Communications (DoC) and other organisations blew money which could have been better spent elsewhere.

Paying consultants, contractors and outsourced services – R452 million over 5 years

Former auditor-general Terence Nombembe criticized government’s extensive use of consultants, saying that government is often paying for services which should be done in-house. This is particularly relevant with the Department of Communications.

In the 2012/2013 financial year the Department of Communications (DoC) spent R76 million on consultants, contractors and agency/outsourced services.

Here is how much money the DoC spent on consultants, contractors and agency/outsourced services over the past few years:

  • 2008/2009 – R108 million.
  • 2009/2010 – R151 million.
  • 2010/2011 – R44 million.
  • 2011/2012 – R72 million.
  • 2012/2013 – R76 million.

In the 2008/2009 financial year, the Department of Communications spent R82 million on 25 consultants alone. This included:

  • Paying R1.368 million for 1 consultant for 1 day for the ICT Achievers Awards;
  • Paying R14 million for 1 consultant (event organiser for WTSA) for 9 months;
  • Paying R5.8 million for 1 consultant for 2 months to train young graduates; and
  • Paying R1.724 million for 1 consultant for 1 month to train young graduates.

SABC – R1.5 billion

Times Live reported in September 2013 that financial mismanagement continues to plague the SABC, and that the state broadcaster failed to account adequately for R1.5 billion spent on consultants for services that could have been provided by its own staff.

The Times Live report also highlighted that “R106-million was spent irregularly as proper tender procedures were not followed”.

Gauteng Online – R 1 billion

In June 2013 The Star reported that the Gauteng Department of Finance has scrapped the Gauteng Online Schools Project.

In May 2013 it was reported that more than R1.3 billion was already spent on the Gauteng Online project.

Free State Online WordPress website development– R40 million to R140 million

News emerged in March 2013 that the Free State government had awarded a R140 million tender to have a new website developed for the province.

The Free State government disputed this figure and the National Treasury later confirmed that it was closer to R40 million for a number of sites related to the Free State government.

According to an eNCA report, Treasury called for criminal charges to be laid against anyone involved in the various tenders awarded to the same company that handled the Free State websites.

Durban 2010 website – R6.5 million

The Durban City Council paid R6.5 million for the development of the Durban 2010 website in 2009.

According to the Democratic Alliance (DA) the website could not possibly have cost more than R250,000, and may well have cost less than half of that amount.

Adapt IT, the JSE listed IT company which is developing and managing the 2010 Durban website, said at the time that most of the critics simply don’t understand the scope of the full project.

Wasting money on legal battles against competition – possibly millions of rands

In 2008 the late communications minister Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri was involved in numerous legal battles to try to stop Internet service providers and other companies from building their own networks.

Matsepe-Casaburri therefore used taxpayers’ money to fight against true competition in the South African telecoms and broadband market. The minister lost the legal battle, and it was not long before new networks started to emerge and prices started to fall.

In the 2008/2009 financial year, the Department of Communications spent the following money on legal costs:

  • R1 million for legal advisors to the minister for 2 months.
  • R2.276 million in legal costs to consultants.

Although all this money may not have gone to the legal battle with Altech, the legal battle was unnecessary and did not serve the needs of consumers.

ICT Indaba in Cape Town – reported R102 million

The Department of Communications (DoC) spent R102-million on an ICT Indaba held at the Cape Town Convention Centre from 4 to 7 June 2012. According to the DoC, the aim of the Indaba was to look at international models on how to boost the development of the ICT sector in Africa.

The Sunday Times later revealed problems associated with event’s finances, which ultimately lead to the downfall of former communications minister Dina Pule.

Ineffective telecoms colloquiums – million of rands

In 2005 the communications department hosted two telecommunications colloquiums at Gallagher Estate in Midrand to find ways to drive down prices for telecoms services in South Africa.

Then deputy communications minister, Roy Padayachie promised delegates an action plan after 8 weeks and the implementation to follow short afterwards. This never happened.

It is not clear how much money the DoC blew on these two colloquiums, but what is clear is that the money was completely wasted. The same talk shops were repeated a few years later to try to address the same problems.

Former communications minister Dina Pule and her romantic partner – amount uncertain

In December 2013 the public protector Thuli Madonsela found that former communications minister Dina Pule unlawfully extended her spousal benefits to her romantic partner Phosane Mngqibisa.

At the time Madonsela said that the amount of money spent on Mngqibisa had not yet been determined. She said that the communications department should be reimbursed every cent.

South African Post Office – billions of rands

The Sunday World reported in October 2013 that a “looting spree totalling billions of rands at the South African Post Office has been uncovered”.

The paper, which based its report on a forensic investigation, stated that:

  • During February 2007 and April 2008, 11 labour brokers were paid R1.2 billion;
  • R551-million a year is being paid for 228 unmonitored services for which there are no contracts;
  • Of the 2,312 Post Office properties, 1,763 are unaccounted for amounting to around R1-billion; and
  • a R30-million security contract was awarded to disqualified companies that submitted fraudulent BEE credentials.

More on the Post Office:

source

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)